The Post-Wedding Post
I am married!
The wedding went much better than I expected. A huge thanks to my family (who took over when I couldn’t and helped me out so, so, so, so much) and my friends who celebrated our special day with us. Thanks to Stanley Bridge Country Resort (cough, cough-whoever designed their website sure is talented! Ahem…), Kristy McKinney Photography, Absolutely Fabulous, Priti Makeup Artistry, Steele Productions, Christine’s Cake Creations, Weddings PEI by Diana and The Wedding Place.
A few images of us taken by family…
The day after the wedding, I made a list of my favorite details of the day, just in case I forgot the tiny moments that meant the most to me. Here are a few of those:
- I felt so happy during the ceremony. It was perfect for us. Our silly vows, Colby making stupid faces and doing an emu sound so I wouldn’t cry. I didn’t feel nervous or anxious and, bonus, Colby didn’t faint.
- It was windy. Very windy. My sister-in-law Harmony accidentally flashed us while we were walking down the aisle. She took it like a champ.
- Our guests laughed in the right spots during our vows.
- People seemed to enjoy the candy buffet, the lawn games, the table activities (mad libs, etc) and the flowers I made.
- We managed to get people together for the Jurassic Park shot I always wanted. (Go here or here or here if you’re not sure what I’m talking about.)
- For a photo, my brother suggested I punch him. I didn’t want to hurt my hand so I suggested I slap him instead. It was amazing.
- My sister-in-law Laura helping me get ready the morning of and then, later in the day, helping me shake an ant out of the layers of my dress.
- The cupcakes were so pretty and very, very yummy!
- I swam in my wedding dress after everyone left. It felt amazing and I’m glad I actually went through with it.
I’m really happy with how the day went, even though it wasn’t how I pictured it at all. It went by very quickly but I’m happy to get back to a normal routine and get back to writing my second book. The day was lovely.
I’ll post the professional wedding photos and the video here when they’re ready. 🙂
Jillianne Hamilton is the author of Molly Miranda: Thief for Hire, its two action/comedy sequels, and The Lazy Historian's Guide to the Wives of Henry VIII. She is also a graphic designer, a hoarder of podcasts and a history enthusiast. Learn more.