I gave myself a goal: sew a bag before Friday. That gave me a week to pick up the material, figure out how to construct it, install my first zipper and sew the thing. A writing group I hope to become more involved in is meeting tomorrow evening. I’d been thinking about trying to make another bag, since the first one I sewed my hand turned out to be an utter failure.
Moral of the story: stronger, medium-weight fabric is the key. Or use interfacing.
My bag includes:
- a zipper on top (it’s pink!)
- a strap (purchased at Walmart), attached with a loop on each side
- a front-stitched pocket (for money, bus pass, ID, etc.)
- the main pocket is wide enough for an iPad, tall enough for an Apple wireless keyboard
(Please forgive the nasty-ass stitching on the inside. I didn’t do a lining. Maybe next time…)